Petitgrain is a top choice for calming, sleep aid, antispasmodic (muscle relaxing), and anti-depressive blends due to its high Ester content (generally about 50%).
GC/MS REPORT: PETI-1002 Coming Soon
Botanical family: Rutaceae
Plant Part: Leaves
Processed: Steam distilled, Organic
Chemical family: Esters, Monoterpenols
Aroma: Citrusy, but not sweet
Antidepressant, Antispasmodic, CNS Sedative, Cooling, Deodorizing, Immunostimulant
Calming and Mood Uplifting Inhaler
- 5 drops Petitgrain
- 5 drops Sweet Orange
- 5 drops Lavender (angustifolia)
Muscle Relaxing Lotion
This is my favorite blend for tight leg muscles at night. Massage into legs before bedtime.
In 2 ounces of unscented lotion or body butter, mix in the following essential oils:
- 10 drops Petitgrain
- 10 drops Black Pepper
- 10 drops Bergamot
For educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We are not doctors or medical professionals. We are passionate about aromatherapy and all things healthy and natural. We also believe strongly in the safe use of essential oils. To learn more about blending safely, we have a learning section devoted just to this issue: https://store-c35xwaz.mybigcommerce.com/blend-safe/
- Latin Name:
- Citrus aurantium var. amara
- At a Glance:
- Petitgrain is a top choice for calming, sleep aid, antispasmodic (muscle relaxing), and anti-depressive blends due to its high Ester content (generally about 50%). Read below for recipes using Petitgrain.
- Certified Organic, South Africa
- Antidepressant, Antispasmodic, CNS Sedative, Cooling, Deodorizing, Immunostimulant.
- linalyl acetate (40.01%), linalol (21.44%), a-terpineol (7.42%), geranyl acetate (6.87%), neryl acetate (4.32%), myrcene (3.49%), e-b-ocimene (3.30%)
- Distillation Date:
- January 2018
- Shelf Life:
- 5 Years (approx.)