Liz Fulcher (AromaticWisdomInstitute.com) and James Fulcher (Copperstills.com) will be co-teaching this unique 3-day class in Mifflinburg, PA. It is a combination of learning the therapeutic properties of over 15 hydrosols, experiencing how to use and make products with them, and finally, how to use a copper still to make your own hydrosols at home.
From the Aromatic Wisdom Institute Page:
Distillate waters date back hundreds, if not thousands of years, and actually predate essential oils.
The word hydrosol comes from the Latin root “hydro” and “sol” which means “water solution.” When a plant is distilled to obtain an essential oil, many chemical compounds of the plant build up in the water. A hydrosol is the distillate water that remains under the thin layer of essential oil after the steaming process. Hydrosols contain many of the same beneficial components of essential oils, but in a much more subtle, gentle way.
Hydrosols can be used in a myriad of therapeutic, aesthetic and energetic applications. They are beneficial for all skin types and safe to use with babies and animals.
In this full 3 day class, you will learn how to easily make hydrosols in small batches and how to use what you make!
- Learn the history of ancient aromatic waters
- Discover methods of application of hydrosols
- Become knowledgeable in the therapeutic properties of 10 organic hydrosols
- Learn about the different types of stills: copper, glass and stainless steel
- Discover ways to use hydrosols in skin care and product making
- Create six hydrosol blends to take home
- AND…we will do a live steam distillation, producing our own hydrosol right in the classroom!
Day 1 and 2 are classroom and Day 3 is how to distill using an alembic copper still.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, visit Aromatic Wisdom Institute.
Classes are Non-Refundable.
ABOUT LIZ FULCHER
Liz brings 27 years of essential oil experience, research and education to her work as a Clinical Aromatherapist and Educator. Her passion is empowering others to become creatively inspired by essential oils and hydrosols and to follow their dream of becoming successful Aromatherapists.
She has served as the Pennsylvania Regional Director for the National Association of Holistic Aromatherapy ( www.naha.org) for 18 years and is the owner of the Aromatic Wisdom Institute.
You can hear Liz on iTunes on her popular “Aromatic Wisdom Podcast” where she shares practical and informative aromatherapy information. To listen go to
Contact Information: Email: Liz@AromaticWisdom.com
For more information about Liz's classes, please visit her website at Aromatic Wisdom Institute.
- June 29th - July 1st (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday)
- 9:30 to 5:30 each day
- Pompeii Street Soap Co. & Pompeii Organics (Mifflinburg, PA)
- Learn the therapeutic properties of over 15 hydrosols, experience how to use and make products with them, and see how to make them at home using a copper still.