Ravintsara contains 1,8-cineole, a powerful molecule for respiratory relief.
• Cold and Flu
• Respiratory inflammation
• Decongestant & Expectorant (reduces swelling and helps release mucous)
• Immune system stimulant
Safety: oils with 1,8 cineole should be used with caution around those with asthma or comprimised immunity.
Plant Origin: Madagascar
Botanical Family: Lauraceae
Plant Part: Leaves
Chemical Family: Oxides, Monoterpenes
Aroma: Herbaceous, Camphoracous
For educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We are not doctors or medical professionals. We are passionate about aromatherapy and all things healthy and natural. We also believe strongly in the safe use of essential oils. To learn more about blending safely, we have a learning section devoted just to this issue: https://pompeiiorganics.com/blend-safe/
- Latin Name:
- Cinnamomum camphora ct 1,8 cineole
- At a Glance:
- Ravintsara contains less 1,8 cineole than eucalyptus (both kinds) and therefore is a "kinder" respiratory oil.
- Wildcrafted, Madagascar
- decongestant, expectorant, shingles, respiratory inflammation, cold and flu, antispasmodic, antiseptic, immune stimulant
- 1,8 cineole (56.75%), sabinene (13.81%), a-terpineol (7.08%), a-pinene (4.99%), b-pinene (3.58%)
- Steam Distilled:
- May 2018
- Shelf Life:
- 3-4 Years (approx.)